New Nav Owner

Welcome to the Forum! Here you can take the time to introduce yourself, let us know if you have expertise in any fields of the automotive industry, especially Navaras.

Please post any relevant questions below in the appropriate category sections.
Masso_22
Answers: 0

New Nav Owner

Post by Masso_22 »

Hi all. Quick intro for y'all. I have always owned Patrols (please don't boot me out) but have been loving ute life and so i've bought myself a 2011 D40 Nav with 300XXXkms, 3 inch lift and some 33's on it mean it'll (hopefully) go anywhere i point it and plan on upgrading and adding more to it (chassis braces, bar work, intercooler and turbo upgrades).

First thing i need to do is give it a service and throw a trans cooler on it and do a full flush and check of the transmission (auto).

I have a few quick questions though:

1. How much oil does the 2.5L actually take from empty?

2. What are the main things i should be keeping an eye out for (timing, turbo, boost issues etc...)?

3. Are these things good for towing?
2011 D40 on 3in and 33's
NavBoss
Team Leader
Team Leader
Answers: 1

Re: New Nav Owner

Post by NavBoss »

Hi Masso_22,

Welcome to the forum. We won't hold it against you that you have always owned Patrols  :D

A: D40 YD25 All Variants - 5W30 C4 6.9L

2. What are the main things i should be keeping an eye out for (timing, turbo, boost issues etc...)?
If you have a Spain built D40 then you will have an upgraded timing chain already in your Nav. Things to look out for are EGR Cooler cracking and leaking, Cold startup rattle meaning timing chain is stretched an on it's way out but other than that you should have too many problems. Just service at regular intervals and you should be fine.

They aren't bad for towing. These YD25s have 450Nm of torque.

Regards Ollie 8-)
NAVLIFE - The Home of Nissan Navara

STOCKISTS OF NAVARA PARTS & ACCESORIES
Masso_22
Answers: 0

Re: New Nav Owner

Post by Masso_22 »

NavBoss wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:32 pm Hi Masso_22,

Welcome to the forum. We won't hold it against you that you have always owned Patrols  :D

A: D40 YD25 All Variants - 5W30 C4 6.9L

If you have a Spain built D40 then you will have an upgraded timing chain already in your Nav. Things to look out for are EGR Cooler cracking and leaking, Cold startup rattle meaning timing chain is stretched an on it's way out but other than that you should have too many problems. Just service at regular intervals and you should be fine.

They aren't bad for towing. These YD25s have 450Nm of torque.

Thanks for all the info mate!

Follow-up questions:

Would 5W40 full synthetic be a bad idea? I have literally almost 40 litres of it.

I think mine is the Spain Built model. So i don't have to worry about the double row chain?

I can't see any leaks but should i perhaps do an EGR delete?
2011 D40 on 3in and 33's